Saturday, November 13, 2010





In years of sewing for dolls, I made doll socks out of all kinds of material.  Once we found an old hardware store going out of business and they had boxes full of women's cotton hose, men's dress socks, and children's everyday socks as well as dressy ones.   We purchased all they had!   Some we sold for vintage stockings to dealers who delt in vintage clothing, but a lot of them were made into doll socks.  They were wonderful for the antique dolls, especially.  Sometimes the tops of the cotton hose were of a silky fabric, and these were different and nice too.,   Then I had a request for crocheted doll socks.   It took me awhile, but I did make several and of different patterns, of course.   Here are pictures of many of them.  I'll have to hunt for pictures of other patterns.  Also I began to decorate the doll socks with lace and ribbons, many of which were made out of other than crocheted ones.   Doll lovers were very receptive to any of these as they were so different and looked vintage. 

No comments: